Back to News

Documentation required at the border

By 19th March 2020News

The GFSB have received a number of calls from worried members stating that their staff are being asked to produce NIE’s and S1’s from Gibraltar.

The S1 can ordinarily be obtained by contacting the Contributions Section of the Income Tax office via email on

And providing them with:
a) Copy of the last payslip; and
b) ID or Passport

We do not know how long this process will take.

We have raised this concern with the relevant Government departments who are aware of this situation and are doing everything they can to ensure fluidity of movement at the border.

We advise our members to keep up to date with Government press releases. We will, in turn, provide you with further information as soon as we are able.

Please do continue to report concerns and issues to us to enable us to continue to report them to the Government on your behalf.